Making A Difference
Impact Summary Reports
- 2012 - Year in Review
- Beef Systems
- Learning Child
- Guardianship/Conservator Training Program
- Crops - Youth Programming
- Agricultural Economics
- Cropping Systems Productivity
- Food, Nutrition & Health
- Agriculture Water Management
- Animal Manure Management
- Water Climate Environment - Community
- Business Ventures and Innovation
- ECAP - Entrepreneurial Communities
- ESI and Beyond
- NACO Institute of Excellence
Ag Manager's Toolbox
The following articles are available for full-text download (PDF format):
- "Heifer Breeding Maturity and Its Effects on Profitability: Nebraska Sandhills Beef Cattle"
- "Stochastic Partial Budgeting: A New Look at an Old Tool"
- "The U.S. Import of Beef: Substitute or Complement for Domestic Beef Production?"
- "Simple Rules That May Help Ranchers Select Replacement Heifers for
Increased Pregnancy Rates and Reduce Dystocia"
- "Corn Stalk Grazing: A Matter of Economics"
- "Using Hedge Information as a Risk Management Tool for Feeder Cattle"
- "The Economics of Dry Distillers Grain as a Creep Feed for Yearling
- "The Economic Optimal Weight for the Replacement Beef Female"
- "Cow Size, Perhaps More Than Just A Production Efficiency Decision"
- "National Animal Identification System (NAIS): The Road Ahead"
- "Moving Beyond Weight as the Only Predictor of Breeding Readiness: Using a
Breeding Maturity Index"
- "The Effects of Breeding Maturity on Dystocia and Rebreeding of the
Primiparous Beef Female"
- "Simulated Analysis of Drought's Impact on Different Cow-Calf Production
Systems" (18 pages)
- "The relationship of U.S. and Canadian Cull Cow Prices to lean beef
prices: A DAG Analysis" (25 pages)
For more information about the Nebraska Economy, go to Cornhusker Economics.