Sorghum Profitability Seminar Presentations
- Nutrient Management-N, P, Soil Testing-Dr. Charles Wortmann, UNL Agronomy & Horticulture
- Sorghum's Crop Water Use Efficiency/Limited Irrigation-Jenny Rees, UNL Extension
- Sorghum Feed & Forage Value-Dr. Karla Jenkins, UNL Panhandle R & E Center
- Sorghum Checkoff Update-Barbara Kliment, NE Grain Sorghum Board
- Time to "Rethink" Sorghum Advanced Biofuels-Doug Bice, Abengoa Bioenergy
- Weather Outlook-Will the Drought Persist?-Al Dutcher, NE State Climatologist
- Economics of Sorghum Production (scroll to Sorghum budgets)-Roger Wilson, UNL Ag Economics
- Focus on Pheasants-NE Game and Parks
- Nebraska nationally ranks 8th in grain sorghum production with 3.5 mil. bushels produced in 2012.
- In 2012, Nebraskans harvested 60,000 acres of sorghum resulting in nearly $44.1 million to the State's economy according to USDA National Ag Statistics Service.
- Additional sorghum production information can be found at the United Sorghum Checkoff Program Web site and YouTube site.
- Sorghum Production for Maximum Yields-Dr. Kraig Rooseboom, K-State Agronomy Dept.
- Cover Crop Effect in Sorghum-Soy-Wheat Rotation-Dr. Kraig Rooseboom, K-State Agronomy Dept.
- USCP Central & Eastern Plains Production Handbook
- USCP Eastern Forage Production Guide
- USCP Western Forage Production Guide
- Sorghum U Links