Like Us On Facebook
4-H News & Views (Monthly Newsletter)
Spotlight on 4-H Newsletter
- Market Beef Weigh Days
- Saline County Animal ID Guidelines - Horse ID's due May 30; All other livestock & rabbits are due by June 13th. Refer to this chart for what information is required for each area.
- Animal Identification Affidavits
- 4-H Animal Science
- UNL Animal Science
- UNL Companion Animal and Horse News
- District & State Horse Show - Entry information will be mailed to eligible youth.
- 4-H Horse Program
- Other Animal Resources
- PASE (Premier Animal Science Event)
- Progress Shows, Clinics & Events (NEW EVENTS ADDED)
- NEW - Youth Online Livestock Quality Assurance Moodle Course - Must complete and bring certificates to our office by June 15th to be eligible to show livestock. Login instructions.
- 4-H Youth Quality Assurance Program
Award & Recognition Programs
- 4-H Recognition Program New Release and Photos
- 4-H Club of the Month Nomination Form - Nebraska 4-H Foundation
- County & District Award Application - due September 23rd
- Diamond Clover Award - due September 23rd
- Youth Character Award - Due June 1st
- 2012 National 4-H Congress (News Release and Photos)
- 2013 Saline County 4-H Camp Scholarship Application - due September 23rd
- Camp Renegade - Teen counselors needed (ages 14 & older as of Jan. 1st). Call Extension Office for application.
- Nebraska State 4-H Camps
- UNL Big Red Camps
Career Portfolio (click the words Career Portfolio) - Due September 23rd
Youth must submit a Career Portfolio in order to receive a county fair premium check. The 4-H Career Portfolio is required for Nebraska 4-H youth to be eligible for many county and state awards. FFA members must submit an FFA recordbook to receive premium money.
Clover Kids (Youth ages 5-7)
Club & Officer Resources
- Officer's Record
- Secretary's Record
- Reporter's Handbook
- Treasurer's Handbook
- 4-H Mall - Order 4-H clothing, club supplies, etc.
- 2014 Saline County Fair - July 15-20
- Theme: "Your Passport To Fun"
- 2013 Fairbook
- County Fair Meal, Breakfast and Other Sponsor Address List For Thank You's
- County Fair Results and Photos (2013)
- County Fair Entry Forms
- Cupcake Wars Contest
- Saline County Fair Website (Saline County Ag. Society)
Crete Youth In Governance
Youth are eligible to enroll in 4-H in Saline county beginning at age 8 (age on Jan. 1). Youth ages 5-7 (age on Jan. 1) are eligible to enroll as Clover Kids.
All enrollment forms are due at the Extension Office in Wilber by March 1st with $6.00 per member for membership dues.
- 2013 4-H Pick Your Project Guide
- 2013 4-H Member Enrollment Form
- 2013 4-H Leader Enrollment Form
- Text Message Sign Up Form - Complete and return to Ext. Office if you would like to receive 4-H related news via text message.
Food & Nutrition
- 4-H Foods Judging Guide - Updated in 2012
- 4-H Food Exhibit Guidelines
- Food Preservation Information
- Food Preservation Labels (Round - Use round 2 1/2" diameter, 10 labels per page)
- Dried Food Preservation Labels (Rectangle - Use 3 1/3" x 4", 6 labels per page)
Nebraska State Fair
- Nebraska State Fair Animal Entries
- 2013 Nebraska State Fair 4-H Premium Book
- 4-H General State Fair Rules
- 2013 Health Requirements for Livestock
- BVD (Bovine Viral Diarrhea) - Cattle must test negative for State Fair exhibition
BVD (Bovine viral diarrhea virus) – What is it and why is it important?
- Nebraska State Fair
- Babysitting (Childcare) - This curriculum replaces the Infant, Toddler, Pre-Schooler, Middle Childhood, and The Sitter curriculum.
- Cake Decorating - University of Wyoming
- Design Decisions
- Entomology References
- Family Celebrations Around The World (Clover Kid)
- Gear-Tech 21 (You will have to register & set up an account)
- Just Outside The Door (Clover Kid)
- Preparing Cut Flowers for Exhibits at County Fairs and State Fair
2013 4-H Photography Themes:
- Unit II - Explore a career as a Nebraska photographer. The goal of an artistic photographer is to portray a unique or interesting image through their work. Capture photos of Nebraska landscapes where creative composition is the goal.
- Unit III - Explore a career as a Nebraska photographer. Portrait photographers specialize in individual or family portraits. Capture photos of individuals or groups of people and consider creative locations or props for your photo shoots.
- Photography Exhibit Labels - Refer to the fairbook for which label or if both are needed.
These labels have changed, so please do not use old labels. You can create your own labels. Just be sure to include all the necessary information.
Part A - If printing on labels, use 2" x 4" labels (10 per page)
Part B - If printing on lables, use 3 1/3" x 4" labels (6 per page)
Presentations & Public Speaking - Resources to help your with your 4-H presentation, speech or PSA
T-Shirt Order Form
Workshops & Educational Opportunities - Click here for more information