|Look for May, 2013 "Did You Know" tips at links below|
- Agricultural Irrigation
- Crop Production
- Drinking Water
- Lakes / Ponds / Streams
- Lawn and Landscape Irrigation
- Lawns, Landscapes and Gardens
- Livestock Manure Management
- Policy / Law / Economics / Human Behavior
- Stormwater Management
- Wastewater - Domestic Sewage
- Water Basics (groundwater, surface water, hydrology)
- Well and Wellhead Management
Midwest Online Virtual Tour
What is the LID Atlas?
Low impact development (LID) practices, also known as green infrastructure, have been shown to be very effective in mitigating the impacts associated with stormwater runoff from development. On-the-ground examples of LID implementation, both good and bad, are needed to help local officials and others overcome the natural reticence to embrace new technologies or approaches and encourage or even require their use. The LID Atlas is an interactive tool that provides these real local examples of LID implementation throughout the country on the Internet in an easy-touse GoogleMaps™Mashup. Although this map is showing only those projects listed in Nebraska, it is connected to the National LID Atlas Map.
About the Map
1. The following map works best in Safari (MAC) or Firefox (PC) web browser.
2. The map you are looking at is a Google Map that has been mashed with LID project data. You can pan, zoom, and change the base map imagery just as you would in Google Maps.
3. The colored balloons represent the LID project type and the checklist on the left sidebar can be used as a legend. By clicking on an icon you will open an “information balloon”. This balloon contains project information and possibly a photo. You can click on the “x” in the top-right corner of the balloon to close the balloon, or click on another icon to open a different balloon
To enter your data, which will be uploaded to the live atlas tool, please select the link below to open the data entry form.
Please note that your entry will not be immediately uploaded onto the map due to our quality control process which will ensure consistent data entry.
You will need to know some information about the project, and you will also be given the opportunity to link the project to photos and a project website.
Fill out THIS form.