Amy (Ziems) Timmerman
Coordinator of the Plant & Pest Diagnostic Clinic
- B.S. Biology, Nebraska Wesleyan University
- M.S. Plant Pathology, University of Nebraska Lincoln
Professional Responsibilities and Activities
- Diagnosis of plant diseases submitted to the Plant and Pest Diagnostic Clinic
- Participate in the National Plant Diagnostic Network
- Develop statewide educational programs for backyard fruits, vegetables, and tree diseases
University and Professional Service
- IPM Working Group
- CRE Working Group
- American Phytopathological Society
- Entomological Society of America
Crop Watch *
Ziems, A.D. Cedar-apple and Related Rusts of Apple and Ornamentals. Univeristy of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension NebGuide G1907.
Ziems, A.D. and Harrell, M.O. Pine Wilt in Nebraska. University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension NebGuide G1899.
Watson, S.R., Giesler, L.J., Ziems, A.D., and Brovont, T.E. 2008. First report of soybean rust caused by Phakopsora pachyrhizi in Nebraska. Plant Disease 92:1588.
Ziems, A.D., Giesler, L.J., Graef, G.L., Redinbaugh, M.G., Vacha, J.L., Berry, S.A., Madden, L.V., and Dorrance, A.E. 2007. Response of Soybean cultivars to Bean pod mottle virus Infection. Plant Disease 91:719-726.