- Carpenter Ant Management (PDF 1.3 MB)
This NebGuide explains how the biology and behavior of carpenter ants relate to control strategies and methods available to both homeowners and pest management professionals (PMPs).
- Managing the Risk of Pesticide Poisoning (PDF 403 KB)
This Extension publication outlines the risks of pesticide exposure and understanding the signs and symptoms.
- Protective Clothing & Equipment for Applicators (PDF 1.3 MB)
This NebGuide explains how to choose and properly use personal protective equipment (PPE) when mixing, loading, and applying pesticides to help reduce exposure to pesticides and protect human health.
- Maintaining and Fit Testing Cartridge Respirators for Pesticide Applications (PDF 402 KB)
This NebGuide examines the proper way to fit test a cartridge respirator before beginning a pesticide application and how to maintain a respirator after use.
- Pesticide Safety: Choosing the Right Gloves (PDF 738 KB)
This NebGuide explains how to choose and properly use gloves when mixing, loading, and applying pesticides to help reduce exposure to chemicals and protect human health.
- Safe Transport, Storage, and Disposal of Pesticides (PDF 375 KB)
This Extension publication provides information to prevent pesticide accidents by careful planning, using a secure storage location, adopting safe handling methods, and following proper disposal guidelines.
- Fumigating Farm-Stored Grain With Aluminum Phosphide (PDF 650 KB)
This Extension publication provides information on grain storage fumigation and explains application, distribution, safety precautions, equipment needed, and the requirements of a Fumigation Management Plan.