Buying Organic: Resources for Consumers in Nebraska
Direct Retailers: Grains, Vegetables, Meat, Dairy, Eggs
- Grain Place Foods - The mission of Grain Place Foods is to provide to its customers grain products that are grown and produced in an ecologically sustainable and socially responsible manner - with the conviction that how your food is produced does matter!
- Shadowbrook Farm Country Market — 2201 West Denton Road, Lincoln, NE. Small, family owned specialty vegetable farm. Also available at Lincoln and Omaha's farmers' markets.
- Branched Oak Lake Farm 17015 NW 70th Street Raymond, NE 68428. Beef, eggs, cheese and cheese products, some oil and grain products.
- Common Good Farm Raymond, NE. Grows a wide range of produce, annual and perennial herbs, bedding plants in the springtime, as well as pastured pork, beef and eggs. Find at Old Cheney's farmers' market, Open Harvest or contact the family-owned farm.
- Bossie's Best Vogelsberg, Kansas organic farmers. 100% organic beef.
- Walnut Creek Organic Ranch offers the finest organic grass-fed beef
Stores and Farmers Markets
- Open Harvest, Natural Foods Cooperative Grocery, 1618 South St., Lincoln, NE Open 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. everyday Ph.(402) 475-9069
- Nebraska Food Coop
Nebraska's online, year-round farmers' market and local food distribution service.
- Local Farmers Markets
- Maggie's 311 N. 8th St. in The Haymarket, Lincoln, NE 68508 Vegetarian restaurant.
- Bread and Cup Simple food and drink. Dining in Lincoln's Historic Haymarket 440 N. 8th St Suite 150. Phone: 402.438.2255
- The Cup
Reference to commercial products or trade names in these publications is made with the understanding that no discrimination is intended and no endorsement by University of Nebraska-Lincoln is implied. To have yourself listed please email unl.organic.research at gmail.com.