Please see the drop-down menu under Food Topics in the top navigation bar for links to pages on other food topics.
Know how. Know now.
From border to border in Nebraska, UNL Extension is making an incredible impact on the success of our state — its youth, its families, its farms and ranches, its communities, its economy. Please check these websites for more "know how, know now" information.
These learning aids have been developed in the Meat Science area at UNL to assist not only students, but anyone involved in the meat industry.
- The 3D Porcine Myology and 3D Bovine Myology and muscle profiling tools developed at UNL. These computer applications allow you to look at the beef or pork carcass in a 3D model.
A Bovine Myology CD can be ordered through NCBA's KCR distribution system by calling 800-368-3138 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and referencing item number 12-801.
Vocational Ag Materials
Information on Short Courses - Pork 101, Beef 706
Meat Cuts ID
Meat Cuts Identification
- Beef: The Major Cuts (links to images and cooking recommendaitons)
- Beef Cuts ID Poster Chart from the Beef Checkoff Board -"Beef Made Easy"
- Beef Innovations Group -Value Cuts (Supported by Beef CheckOff)
- Pork: The Major Cuts (links to images and cooking recommendations)
- Pork Cuts: web page from National Pork Board, downloadable PDF of pork cuts chart
- Lamb Wholesale Cuts (images)
- Nebraska 4-H Meat Cut Identification - Learn the retail cuts of meat and best ways to prepare.
- Meat Cut Identification Resources
Quizzes from past FFA Contest Events