Know how. Know now.
From border to border in Nebraska, UNL Extension is making an incredible impact on the success of our state — its youth, its families, its farms and ranches, its communities, its economy. Please check these websites for more "know how, know now" information.
- Principles of HACCP
- Managing HACCP Plans
- USDA Regulations
- Model SOP Programs
- Model HACCP Forms
- Helpful HACCP Presentations
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) is a preventative approach to foodborne hazards. It is based on the application of scientific principles to food processing and production. The University of Nebraska provides educational programs and assistance to food processing and food production professionals and has since 1993.
HACCP training is for:
- meat and poultry processors
- food processors
- food service operators
UNL provides introductory HACCP workshops that are accredited by the International HACCP Alliance:
- Food Service HACCP workshops;
- Advanced HACCP workshops for auditing, verification, validation, and recalls;
- Sanitation and Good Manufacturing Practices workshops;
- Individual assistance for HACCP implementation and management;
- Videos and written materials for instruction.
Workshop information and some HACCP materials are provided here.
Toll-free Food Safety Hotlines and Related Links
- Food Safety & Inspection Service (FSIS-USDA)
- FoodSafety.gov (USDA)
- Fight BAC!™ (a public-private coalition)
- Home Food Safety (American Dietetic Association & ConAgra Foods Foundation)