Please see the drop-down menu under Food Topics in the top navigation bar for links to pages on other food topics.
Know how. Know now.
From border to border in Nebraska, UNL Extension is making an incredible impact on the success of our state — its youth, its families, its farms and ranches, its communities, its economy. Please check these websites for more "know how, know now" information.
Meat Scientists at The University of Nebraska - Lincoln have taken the 3 fold mission of a land grant university seriously to improve the Meat Products you consume.
Faculty and staff are actively working in Extension, Teaching and Research in the following ways:
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) Workshops
- Pork 101
- Beef 706
- Food Safety
- Youth Education
- Retail Beef Decision Tool
- Bovine Myology
- Porcine Myology
- Meat Culinology Certificate Program (on-line)
- Undergrate Courses in the Meat Science Option of an Animal Science Degree
- Graduate Courses in Meat Science and Growth and Development of Meat Animals
- Muscle Profiling
- Meat Quality
- Meat Flavor
- Food Safety Interventions
- Meat Characteristics of Beef and Pork fed Distillers Grains
- Beef Value Cuts
- Instrument Grading Technology
Explore food-related academic majors!
The University of Nebraska–Lincoln (UNL) offers several food-related undergraduate programs in a variety of academic disciplines. Many of these programs are interdisciplinary. More ...