Please see the drop-down menu under Food Topics in the top navigation bar for links to pages on other food topics.
Know how. Know now.
From border to border in Nebraska, UNL Extension is making an incredible impact on the success of our state — its youth, its families, its farms and ranches, its communities, its economy. Please check these websites for more "know how, know now" information.
- USDA Pathogen Reduction Regulations
- Code of Federal Regulations and Federal Registration Notices:
- USDA FSIS Directives
- Recalls (Directive 8080 Revision 5)
- Listeria Monitoring
- E. coli Testing
- Thermometer Calibration Information
- Thermometer Calibration Animation*
- Altitudes-Elevations from WorldAtlas.com
- Measuring pH of Meat
- Statistical Quality Control, SQC Online, Military Standards 105E
- Video on Sampling Beef Carcasses for E. coli O157:H7*
*This content requires Flash Download the free Flash Player if needed
(All links are color slides in PDF format.)
- Principle 1: Conduct a Hazard Analysis
- Principle 2: Determine Critical Control Points
- Principle 3: Establish the Critical Limits
- Principle 4: Establish Monitoring Procedures
- Principle 5: Establish Corrective Actions
- Principle 6: Establish Verification Procedues
- Principle 7: Establish Record-Keeping Procedures