|Look for May, 2013 "Did You Know" tips at links below|
- Agricultural Irrigation
- Crop Production
- Drinking Water
- Lakes / Ponds / Streams
- Lawn and Landscape Irrigation
- Lawns, Landscapes and Gardens
- Livestock Manure Management
- Policy / Law / Economics / Human Behavior
- Stormwater Management
- Wastewater - Domestic Sewage
- Water Basics (groundwater, surface water, hydrology)
- Well and Wellhead Management
Small Farm Issues
Many of the manure management and environmental resources and publications are written for large livestock operations. Yet, most of the farming operations in the
Voluntary risk reduction on small AFO's
- animals, buildings, business, crops, custom applicators, farm management, hay land and pastures; home environment, landscaping, machinery, news and information, safety, specialties’, homeowner waste water management, water, weeds, and wildlife.
- a free email subscription for “Acreage E-news” on a variety of topics geared for the acreage and small farm owner.
If this acreage information is the type you seek follow the link to this UNL site.
For more information on environmental planning related to small farms environmental issues, we recommend the following links to collaborative regional and national websites that provide factual science-based information:
- E-Xtension Small Farms community of practice (Livestock and Poultry Environmental Learning Center). National “Best of the Best” educational and research resources from land grant universities including the University of Nebraska; US EPA, and USDA.
Small Farms Fact Sheets from Livestock Producer Environmental Learning Center's LPE Stewardship Curriculum on the national e-Xtension site.
These fact sheets offer guidance for issues faced by small farms such as environmental stewardship, water quality protection, handling animal mortalities, manure management and more.
|LPELC on eXtension|
Assembling an NMP: Nutrient plan for the cropping system, by Rick Koelsch- UNL
Manure Matters Newsletters (archived)