|Look for December 2013 "Did You Know" tips at links below|
- Agricultural Irrigation
- Crop Production
- Drinking Water
- Lakes / Ponds / Streams
- Lawn and Landscape Irrigation
- Lawns, Landscapes and Gardens
- Livestock Manure Management
- Policy / Law / Economics / Human Behavior
- Stormwater Management
- Wastewater - Domestic Sewage
- Water Basics (groundwater, surface water, hydrology)
- Well and Wellhead Management
Winter Land Application Training Days
Getting the most value from your manure resource!
February 4-15, 2013
Initial training and Recertification training
What Will I Learn
- Regulations as they relate to manure
- Managing manure nitrogen
- In-depth discussion of recordkeeping and reporting needs
- Manure, soil, and stalk sampling
- Application equipment calibration
- The 2012 Nebraska P-Index
- Climate change impacts
- What the 4-Rs of Nutrient Stewardship are
- How to manage a liquid manure storage
- How the drought has affected nutrient management
- What the BNMP$ program is
How Can I Attend
- At a local county extension office (See brochure for the counties hosting)
- Call Leslie Johnson (402-584-3818) before the workshop for assistance
Who Should Attend
- Recently permitted operations that have not completed the initial Land Application Training should attend the all day program. Participants attending all day (approx. 6 hrs.) will receive NDEQ Land Application Training certification.
- Additional educational training is required every 5 years for permitted operations. If you are unsure of your certification status, contact Leslie Johnson (402-584-3818) or Ken Lamb (402-471-4233). Farm representative attendance for the first 2 hours of the morning session only will fulfill NDEQ Land Application recertification required every 5 years for permitted operations.
- Farm staff and advisors implementing farm’s permit or nutrient plan are welcome and encouraged to attend. Consider making this workshop part of your staff’s training.
What Will it Cost
- All Day: $50 per operation plus $10 per additional operation participant(s)
- Recertification: $10 per participant
- Fees will be due upon arrival at the location. Please do not send fees with your registration. Registration is required regardless of attendance location.
*PDF requires Adobe Acrobat Reader for reading or printing. Download free.
If you are looking for previous archives and handouts, click here.
If you cannot attend at these locations, please contact Leslie Johnson to see if other arrangements can be made.
|Location||Date/Time (local time)||Address||Contact|
|Brown County||February 12, 2013 @ 9:00 am|
|Cuming County||February 4, 2013 @ 9:00 am||Larry Howard|
|Colfax County||February 12, 2013 @ 9:00 am||Aaron Nygren|
|Dawson County||February 5, 2013 @ 9:00 am||Bruce Treffer|
|Dixon County||February 8, 2013 @ 9:00 am||Leslie Johnson|
|Garfield County||February 6, 2013 @ 9:00 am||Steve Niemeyer|
|Scottsbluff County||February 5, 2013 @ 9:00 am||Tom Holman|
|York County||February 4, 2013 @ 9:00 am||Paul Hay|