|Look for May, 2013 "Did You Know" tips at links below|
- Agricultural Irrigation
- Crop Production
- Drinking Water
- Lakes / Ponds / Streams
- Lawn and Landscape Irrigation
- Lawns, Landscapes and Gardens
- Livestock Manure Management
- Policy / Law / Economics / Human Behavior
- Stormwater Management
- Wastewater - Domestic Sewage
- Water Basics (groundwater, surface water, hydrology)
- Well and Wellhead Management
Am I Current with Record and Inspection Requirements?
Documentation is critical to demonstration of a CAFO's compliance with regulations and good environmental stewardship. Records are especially important if a farm experiences a spill. A farm's ability to demonstrate continued good management prior to a spill will be an important consideration in determining liability and potential penalties.
Current regulations include multiple expectations for
1) on-farm inspections; (Request an inspection for cow-calf backgrounders and/or ranch operations)*
Sample forms for record keeping, inspections, and reporting can be found in the publication "Nutrient Management Plan: Records Checklist and Samples for Animal Feeding Operations" from Heartland Regional Water Coordination Initiative.
*pdf format. Download the free Acrobat Reader to read or print this document.