|Look for December 2013 "Did You Know" tips at links below|
- Agricultural Irrigation
- Crop Production
- Drinking Water
- Lakes / Ponds / Streams
- Lawn and Landscape Irrigation
- Lawns, Landscapes and Gardens
- Livestock Manure Management
- Policy / Law / Economics / Human Behavior
- Stormwater Management
- Wastewater - Domestic Sewage
- Water Basics (groundwater, surface water, hydrology)
- Well and Wellhead Management
Livestock and Poultry Environmental Learning Center hosts a monthly live webcast on current animal manure management issues presented by national experts. Each workshop is also archived for viewing at your convenience.
Livestock and Poultry Environmental Learning Center Intro: Connecting experts with those assisting prducers (.ppt slides)
Most webcasts are available for continuing education units for Certified Crop Advisors and the American Registry of Professional Animal Scientists.
The Heartland Regional WQ Coord. Initiative Animal Manure Management team sponsors regional workshops and information from the University of Nebraska, Kansas State University, University of Missouri, Iowa State University, and EPA Region 7.
Targets agency and private sector technical service providers.
Upcoming Events through Heartland
*PDF documents require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Slides (.ppt) open with MS PowerPoint® or compatible software.
Land Application Training - Getting the most value from your manure resource!
Events are typically held during the winter months. This winter's (2012-2013) training events occured in February at various locations across the state. More information can be found on the Land Application Training page.
Learn more about Land Application Training requirements.
Watch archives from previous Land Application Training days.
Air Quality Educational Workshops
Training is available on the Odor Footprint Tool and air quality issues.
Archived workshops hosted by the UNL Extension Nutrient Management Team for:
• Extension educators
• NRCS staff
• Crop and engineering consultants
• Regulatory staff
NOTE: All Web cast videos open in a new window.
Handouts for this webcast:
- Carbon sequestration in no-till 2007 (.ppt slides of above presentation)
- Science Direct PDF document: Tillage and soil carbon sequestration - what do we really know? *
- Canadian Journal of Soil Science PDF: Towards accurate measurements of soil organic carbon stock change in agroecosystems *
- P Index sample form
- Inservice 2007: The Effect of Compost Application and Plowing on Phosphorus Runoff (.ppt slides)
- Practical Exercises for Nebr. P Index 2007