|Look for December 2013 "Did You Know" tips at links below|
- Agricultural Irrigation
- Crop Production
- Drinking Water
- Lakes / Ponds / Streams
- Lawn and Landscape Irrigation
- Lawns, Landscapes and Gardens
- Livestock Manure Management
- Policy / Law / Economics / Human Behavior
- Stormwater Management
- Wastewater - Domestic Sewage
- Water Basics (groundwater, surface water, hydrology)
- Well and Wellhead Management
The one-stop resource for manure management and manure nutrient management planning in Nebraska.
Animal production is a vital part of Nebraska’s economy. It serves an important role in sustainable agriculture.
Unfortunately animal manure can negatively impact water and air quality if not handled properly. Our educational programs and materials provide science-based information on economically viable, environmentally sound manure handling systems that also comply with all regulations. Providing resources to help protect water quality is a priority for UNL Extension. Resources including software, workbooks, archived webcasts, publications and more are designed for:
- Advisors (CCA's)
- Professionals seeking to obtain or maintain operating permits
Did You Know?The quality, composition, and consistency of manure greatly influence livestock manure facility design. Handling characteristics often dictate the type of facility. Read more about storage and handling of manure.