Please see the drop-down menu under Food Topics in the top navigation bar for links to pages on other food topics.
Know how. Know now.
From border to border in Nebraska, UNL Extension is making an incredible impact on the success of our state — its youth, its families, its farms and ranches, its communities, its economy. Please check these websites for more "know how, know now" information.
- Apples, tray freezing
- Apples, canning and freezing
- Apple Products Applesauce, Jam, Jelly, Preserves
- Apple Recipes Conserving, Butter, Chutney
- Apples Anytime recipes plus uses for different apples
- Potatoes 2011 Sweet potatoes and white
- Pumpkins & Squash Preparing Fresh, Freezing, Canning (updated Nov. 2013)
- Roasting Pumpkin Seed
- Summertime Cooking II 2013 (Vegetable Stuffed Eggplant, Easy Peach Cobbler)
- Summertime Cooking I 2013 (Eggplant, Red pepper, Corn, Tomatoes)
- Black Beans and Rice
- Delicious Dips (Great for serving with fresh produce!)
- Flavor that Food! (a chart for flavoring with fresh or dried herbs and spices)
- Rice Del Sol (made with summer squash and fresh corn)
- Summertime Cooking 2010 Potatoes, Asparagus, Snap peas
- Summertime Cooking II 2010
- Sauerkraut Recipe
- Tomato Basil Bruschetta
- Zucchini (page in Recipe Central section) PDF version
- Zucchini Bread made with whole wheat pastry flour for a light, tender product with fiber
- Tabbouleh (made with mint, parsley, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, whole wheat bulgur, lemon juice and olive oil)