|Look for December 2013 "Did You Know" tips at links below|
- Agricultural Irrigation
- Crop Production
- Drinking Water
- Lakes / Ponds / Streams
- Lawn and Landscape Irrigation
- Lawns, Landscapes and Gardens
- Livestock Manure Management
- Policy / Law / Economics / Human Behavior
- Stormwater Management
- Wastewater - Domestic Sewage
- Water Basics (groundwater, surface water, hydrology)
- Well and Wellhead Management
Shoreline and streambank protection is critical to maintaining water quality in streams, rivers and lakes. Degraded shorelines around lakes and along stream banks increase the likelihood of pollutants such as sediments and nutrients reaching the water and contributing to decreased water quality. Implementing best management practices in and around lakes and along streams can greatly reduce water quality problems.
- Planning Your Riparian Buffer: Design and Plant Selection,* Nebguide G1557 Learn how to plan and design a riparian buffer and select appropriate tree and grass species.
- Installing Your Riparian Buffer: Tree and Grass Planting, Postplanting Care and Maintenance,* Nebguide G1558
- Bioengineering for Hillslope, Streambank and Lakeshore Erosion Control,* Nebguide G1307
Bioengineering techniques for erosion control and tips for successful installation and demonstration project.
- Controlling Pond Plant Growth with Bottom Barriers, * Nebguide G1529 Ideas for controlling plant growth to assure a healthy, aesthetic environment.
* Document in PDF format. Download the free Acrobat Reader.