|Look for May, 2013 "Did You Know" tips at links below|
- Agricultural Irrigation
- Crop Production
- Drinking Water
- Lakes / Ponds / Streams
- Lawn and Landscape Irrigation
- Lawns, Landscapes and Gardens
- Livestock Manure Management
- Policy / Law / Economics / Human Behavior
- Stormwater Management
- Wastewater - Domestic Sewage
- Water Basics (groundwater, surface water, hydrology)
- Well and Wellhead Management
What is Toxic Blue-green Algae?
Author: Tadd M Barrow, formerly Water Quality Extension Educator, School of Natural Resources
NOTE: The Volunteering Monitoring Program referred to on slide 11 below (Flash application) has been discontinued, and Tadd Barrow is no longer with the University. Private lake testing is at the discretion and expense of the owner.
The Nebraska Department of Environmental Quality reported that Midwest Laboratories is the only Nebraska laboratory currently offering toxic algae testing services for private entities wishing to have analysis conducted. Midwest Laboratories is located at 13611 B Street, Omaha, NE, 68144. They can be contacted at 402-334-7770.