Funding for this site provided in part by the Nebraska Environmental Trust. The Trust is funded by proceeds from the Nebraska Lottery.
Energy Efficiency for Your Home's Range and Oven
- Use the microwave when possible. The microwave uses less energy than an oven, and does not need to be preheated.
- Use the kitchen exhaust fan when cooking to reduce moisture problems and pollutants.
- Use lids on pans and pans that fit a burner reduce heat lost.
- Cook more that one item at a time when using the oven or prepare larger amounts and freeze part of the item.
- Self-cleaning ovens may be more energy efficient than regular ovens as they generally have more insulation in the outer structure.