Please see the drop-down menu under Food Topics in the top navigation bar for links to pages on other food topics.
Know how. Know now.
From border to border in Nebraska, UNL Extension is making an incredible impact on the success of our state — its youth, its families, its farms and ranches, its communities, its economy. Please check these websites for more "know how, know now" information.
Chart the Course For Your Business’ Future
Objective: Determine, specifically, where you want your business to be in 5 and 10 years.
Outcome: A 3-5 page strategic plan with clear goals and objectives that is consistent with your lifestyle goals and objectives.
Benefit: Become aware of your company's potential in light of its strengths and weaknesses and, increase your ability to realize that potential by having a clearly defined destination.
As a business owner, what’s on your mind when you wake up in the morning? Chances are, it’s sales calls, personnel issues, production problems and a bunch of other stuff you have to tackle today.
Managing wave after wave of these daily demands is necessary to keep your business afloat, but they can engulf your focus today . . . tomorrow . . . and the next day . . . and over time you feel like you’re simply adrift with the business currents taking you where they may.
We all fire up our engines every morning with a task list in hand, but is planning for the long-term future of your business even on your list? The future of your firm will unfold even if you don’t set aside time to plan for it, but it may not be the future you hoped for. Planning the future of your business requires you—you—to stop for a moment and think about your goals for the business. Ask yourself . . .
- Am I thinking about the future of my business in a strategic, intentional way?
- Do I really know the potential of my business?
- Do I know where I want my business to be in 5-10 years?
- Am I unsure what my next move should be?
Long-term strategic planning is necessary for the continued success of your business.
The Destination is designed to help you efficiently identify where you want to go and to develop a clear path to get you there.
The Destination includes:
- A multi-perspective review of your current business by our team
- 4 sessions with one of our Food Industry Consultants to help you work through where you want to take your firm and identify the key strategic decisions that will be necessary to get you there
- Together, writing a 3-5 page plan that outlines your goals for the business, the objectives necessary to achieve them and clear action steps that will move your business forward.