- Put In The Big Rocks First!
- Do a Don't Do List!
- Basic Foods to Have on Hand for Cupboard, Fridge and Freezer: Create Your Own List!
- Are You a "Lark" or an "Night Owl"? Cook Ahead Accordingly
- Combine Cooking Time with Family Time
Get Organized, Get Happy!
- Use Grocery List to Save Time, Eat Healthier!
- Organizing Your Recipe Collection
- Finding Recipes on the Internet
- Find It Fast: Filing Food Appliance and Other Kitchen Gear Instruction Manuals
- Kitchen Mini-Makeovers
Where to find information:
- Contacting Nebraska Food Commodity Groups
- Contacting Food Companies for More Information
- Contacting Kitchen and Housewares Companies for More Information
ALSO SEE Kitchen Helpers
Currently featuring ...
(Updated May 2, 2013)
- Healthy Bites Newsletter
May: Beef Month
- Cook It Quick Newsletter
- Food Reflections Newsletter
December Issue: 9 Tips for Staying Active over the Winter Holidays
- Walk Nebraska Newsletter
May 2013: Healthy Recipes Easy to Find
- Making HealthierRDecisions
- Nutrition Know How Blog
(A new tip posted weekly)
- Discover Foods Blog
(a new tip posted weekly)
- Cook It Quick Blog
(published 1 -2 times/month)
- A Runner Eats
(Written by a dietitian/former Univ. of Nebraska All-American runner)
- Food, Nutrition & Health by the Month Calendar
- Food Fun for Young Kids (Pinterest)
- Easy (& Healthy!) Everyday Recipes (Pinterest)
- "Choose MyPlate" Update (video)
- 4-Day Throw Away (food safety app)
- Choose MYPlate: Selected Consumer Messages (free PowerPoint and online slide show)
- Test Your Salt Savvy (quiz)