Prevent Portion Distortion
Alice Henneman, MS, RD, Extension Educator
Amy Peterson, MS, RD, Extension Educator
Questions or comments? Contact Alice Henneman
Portion sizes have gotten bigger over the past 20 years, and so have we! Larger portions add up. Just 100 extra calories per day can lead to a weight gain of 10 pounds per year. Maintaining a healthy weight is a balancing act … balance calories in with calories out.
Or ... view the information presented in slide show format below.
NOTE: Download a FREE PowerPoint of this slide show and/or learn how to embed the slide show in your own webpage or blog at http://food.unl.edu/web/fnh/portiondistortion
- How Should You Spend Your CALORIE Salary? (online slide show and FREE downloadable PowerPoint and handout)
- Choose My Plate: Selected Consumer Messages (online slide show and FREE downloadable PowerPoint)
- Name that Veggie (online slide show and FREE downloadable PowerPoint)
- Dietary Guidelines for American, 2010: Quiz Yourself (online slide show and FREE downloadable PowerPoint)
- Walk Nebraska
- Control Diabetes for Life
- Small Steps to Health and Wealth (TM)