Please see the drop-down menu under Food Topics in the top navigation bar for links to pages on other food topics.
Prevent Portion Distortion
FREE PowerPoint, Handout, and Online Slide Show
Other PowerPoints and resource materials
Alice Henneman, MS, RD, Extension Educator
Amy Peterson, MS, RD, Extension Educator
Questions? Contact Alice Henneman
"Avoid Portion Distortion" PowerPoint is full of pictures to help people learn how portions sizes have changed. And, how they can avoid portion distortion! Tips on using MyPlate to avoid portion distortion are given.
Download Prevent Portion Distortion PowerPoint
POWERPOINT: LINK for downloading PowerPoint
- IMPORTANT: RIGHT click on the ABOVE red link. A pop-up box should appear.
- LEFT Click on the option offered by your browser: Either "Save target as..." or "Save link as..."
NOTE: DO NOT use Internet Explorer to download this PowerPoint (which is anewer pptx version) as it downloads it as a zip file which is more difficult to open. It will be much easier to download it using Mozilla Firefox. If you don't already have Mozilla FireFox on your computer, you can download Mozilla FireFox from http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Or you can download it from http://www.slideshare.net/alicehenneman/portion-distortion (you can set up a FREE account if you don't already have one). Though SlideShare may suggest that you access it through Facebook or Twitter, it is not necessary to do that.
Email Alice Henneman if you have problems.
Download Prevent Portion Distortion Handout
HANDOUT: LINK for downloading "Prevent Portion Distortion" pdf
View Prevent Portion Distortion Slide Show
To embed this slide show on your website or blog, copy and paste this code. TIP: If you can't copy it from Internet Explorer, trying copying it from Firefox.
<div style="width:510px" id="__ss_12072550"> <strong style="display:block;margin:12px 0 4px"><a href="http://www.slideshare.net/alicehenneman/portion-distortion" title="Portion Distortion" target="_blank">Portion Distortion</a></strong> <iframe src="http://www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/12072550?rel=0" width="510" height="426" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no"></iframe> <div style="padding:5px 0 12px"> View more presentations from <a href="http://www.slideshare.net/alicehenneman" target="_blank">University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension</a> </div> </div>
- How Should You Spend Your CALORIE Salary? (online slide show and FREE downloadable PowerPoint)
- Choose My Plate: Selected Consumer Messages (online slide show and FREE downloadable PowerPoint)
- Name that Veggie (online slide show and FREE downloadable PowerPoint)
- Dietary Guidelines for American, 2010: Quiz Yourself (online slide show and FREE downloadable PowerPoint)
- Walk Nebraska
- Control Diabetes for Life
- Small Steps to Health and Wealth (TM)