Food and nutrition apps developed by UNL:
Read about them and learn how to get them.
- Grow It Know It
- Snack Planet
- 4 Day Throw Away
Printer-friendly versions available for most newsletter articles for use as a handout!
Cook It Quick
Helping you cook healthy food in a hurry!
Focuses on a food theme related to that month.
Provides "how-to" information on food, nutrition, and food safety.
Shares information on keeping physically active.
Making HealthieRDecisions Blog!
Inspiration from a registered dietitian (RD), who is also a Certified Personal Trainer, on nutrition and exercise.
Discover Foods Blog
Midwest foods with a southern flair from a food scientist / foodie.
Cook It Quick Blog
Recipes and kitchen tricks that help you enjoy healthy foods that taste good and are quick to prepare.
Currently featuring ...
(Updated December 9, 2013)
- Healthy Bites Newsletter
December: Healthy holiday party tips
- Cook It Quick Newsletter
- Food Reflections Newsletter
Holiday Tips via Pinterest
- Walk Nebraska Newsletter
December Issue: Fitting in Activity - Walking at Work
- Making HealthierRDecisions
- Nutrition Know How Blog
(A new tip posted weekly)
- Discover Foods Blog
(a new tip posted weekly)
- Cook It Quick Blog
(published 1 -2 times/month)
- Agri-Cultural with Dr. Lindsay
- Food, Nutrition & Health by the Month Calendar
- Food Fun for Young Kids (Pinterest)
- Easy (& Healthy!) Everyday Recipes (Pinterest)
- "Choose MyPlate" Update (video)
- 4-Day Throw Away (food safety app)
- Choose MYPlate: Selected Consumer Messages (free PowerPoint and online slide show)
- Test Your Salt Savvy (quiz)
Food, Nutrition & Health
Topics and Resources
- Food, Nutrition & Health Home
Food Days, Weeks, Months
- Healthy Eating Basics
- Life Stages
Growing Healthy Kids
Healthy Living for Later Years
- Nutrition & Health Issues
Control Diabetes For Life
- Shopping, Cooking & Meal Planning
Cook it Quick
- Weight Management
Food and Fitness
- Physical Activity
- Educational Resources (most are free)
- Newsletters, Blogs, Podcasts, Apps, Social Media
Healthy Bites Newsletters
Food Reflections Newsletter
Walk Nebraska Newsletter