Healthy Living for Later Years: Medicare
UNL Extension Resources for Older Adults
Medicare is a Health Insurance Program for people age 65 or older, people under age 65 with certain disabilities, and people of all ages with End-Stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a transplant).
Publications and documents:
- Medicare Basics: A UNL Extension Publication telling you what you need to know about Medicare benefits and options.
- Enrolling in Medicare (PDF).
- Medicare.gov provides information about the parts of Medicare, what's new, and how to find Medicare plans, facilities, or providers.
- Preventive Services check list
- Nursing Home Compare
- Home Health Compare
- Physicians Compare
- Long Term Care information
- Avoiding Drug Interactions