Please see the drop-down menu under Food Topics in the top navigation bar for links to pages on other food topics.
Healthy Living for Later Years: Medicare
UNL Extension Resources for Older Adults
Medicare is a Health Insurance Program for people age 65 or older, people under age 65 with certain disabilities, and people of all ages with End-Stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or a transplant).
Publications and documents:
- Medicare Basics: A UNL Extension Publication telling you what you need to know about Medicare benefits and options.
- Enrolling in Medicare (PDF)
- Choosing a 2013 Medicare Supplemental Plan (PDF)
- 2013 Low Income Subsidy Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Medigap 2013 Plans
- 2013 Medicare Costs (PDF)
- Medicare.gov provides information about the parts of Medicare, what's new, and how to find Medicare plans, facilities, or providers.
- Preventive Services check list
- Nursing Home Compare
- Home Health Compare
- Physicians Compare
- Long Term Care information
- Avoiding Drug Interactions
- www.socialsecurity.gov: The place to apply for Medicare benefits, Social Security retirement benefits, Low Income Subsidy application, and disability applications.
- www.MyMedicare.gov: The place to find your Medicare history and claims
- https://shipnpr.shiptalk.org/shipprofile.asp: This is the National Senior Health Information Program (SHIP) website where you can find your state’s program which will help senior’s with their health insurance needs and Medicare questions.