Healthy Bites for June:
Fruits and Vegetables: More is Better
Fruits and vegetables are a great way to get the most nutrition out of your calories. They are packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and other nutrients. June is National Fresh Fruit and Vegetables Month, a great time to consider if you're including enough fruits and vegetables in your eating plan. Whether fresh, frozen, canned, dried or 100 percent juice, fruits and vegetables are quick, delicious and convenient, and will keep you healthy all year round. This month's Healthy Bites has tips to get more fruits and vegetables:
- How to Use Fruits and Vegetables to Help Manage Your Weight. Fruits and vegetables are part of a well-balanced and healthy eating plan. Using more fruits and vegetables along with whole grains and lean meats, nuts, and beans is a safe and healthy one.
- Fruits and Veggies: More Matters. Check out this website for tips, recipes, and interactive tools on fruits and vegetables.
- 9 “Bites” for Better Tasting Fruits and Veggies. Use these preparation and storage “bites” to enjoy the abundant summer produce at its peak flavor, appearance, and safety.
- Storing Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Neb- Guide. Find out what the proper storage methods and conditions for fresh fruits and vegetables are with this UNL NebGuide.
- Produce for Better Health Foundation. Fruits and Veggies: More Matters.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Healthy Weight – It’s Not a Diet, It’s a Lifestyle!
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). MyPlate. Fruit Group.