Healthy Bites for January:
Resolutions that last
Thinking about making a New Year’s resolution, but worried about keeping it? Good intentions alone aren’t enough. So what can you do this New Year to make changes that last? This year make your goals SMART, as in Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely. Be specific and think about "W" words: who, what, where, when, and why. To help make your New Year’s resolutions stick, check out these tips.
- Food Reflections. Wishing you healthy, happy New Year.
- Walk Nebraska Newsletter. Set SMART goals for motivation and accountability.
- Your Super Bowl Game Plan for Healthy Eating. Develop a winning Super Bowl “food game plan” by thinking like a football player on the playing field. Only, instead of the opposing team, your field is filled with food and refreshments.
- UNL Extension Calendar – National Food Days, Weeks, and Months for January.
- Taking Action: 10 Steps for Healthy Weight Management in Adults. This publication describes how whole grains, low-fat dairy products and other foods, and physical activity, can help achieve health and weight goals.