Please see the drop-down menu under Food Topics in the top navigation bar for links to pages on other food topics.
Let's Play "FOOD"Ball!
FREE PowerPoint and handout; Visit related links
Alice Henneman, MS, RD, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension
Questions? Contact Alice Henneman
This PowerPoint® takes the audience through 4 quarters of football (3 "plays" per quarter) -- complete with touchdowns, fumbles, flags on the play, etc. -- to introduce the basic concepts of MyPyramid.
- RIGHT click on the link. A pop-up box should appear.
- Click on the option offered by your browser: Either "Save target as..." or "Save link as..."
Objective and Target Audience
This PowerPoint is designed to introduce the basic concepts of MyPyramid through an interactive “FOOD”Ball game.
It takes about 1/2 to 1 hour to play, depending on the amount of discussion you include.
Additional free resources are listed to assist you in teaching MyPyramid to different age groups.
Just like all ages watch football, the PowerPoint has been used with 6-year-olds through adults. It’s mostly the discussion you have during the presentation that makes the difference.
Links to FREE Resources Mentioned in PowerPoint
General materials suitable for all ages
- Background information and links to all materials
- Inside the Pyramid (links to specific food group information)
- Food Tracking Worksheets (12 calorie levels)
Materials designed for children aged 6 to 11
- Background information & links to all materials
- MyPyramid for Kids Mini-poster
- MyPyramid Blastoff Game (Interactive computer game)
- MyPyramid for Kids Worksheet
- Tips for Families (2-sided mini-poster,includes MyPyramid for Kids graphic)
- MyPyramid for Kids Coloring Page
- Classroom materials for grades 1 – 5