EntrepreneurShip Investigation (ESI)
EntrepreneurShip Investigation (ESI) is an exciting, interactive, and comprehensive curriculum project designed for youth, ages 10-19. ESI uses a variety of tools to help participants develop their entrepreneurial skills and find their business niche. Through exciting activities, case studies and current technology, participants are transformed into budding entrepreneurs!
After completing all levels of the curriculum, youth will have the skills and tools to start their own business, as well as have a completed business and marketing plan – the “road map” to the entrepreneur’s success.
What makes ESI unique?
ESI is truly a pioneer in the field of youth entrepreneurship education for several reasons:
Developed with four audiences in mind:
- 4-H Clubs
- Middle and high schools
- Youth organizations
- Community organizations
- Written in partnership with organizations representative of each of the target audiences
- Uses current technology through web-based activities and interactive CD-ROM
- Is accessible and affordable to anyone
- Provides instructions and direction for leaders and teachers through the leader's guide
- Aligned to school standards for easy classroom use
- Provide community-based entrepreneurial education for youth involved in 4-H, scholastic and community organizations
- Teach entrepreneurial skills to youth
- Teach youth community economic knowledge
- Provide youth with greater career opportunities
- Improve intergenerational relationships
- Increase youth participation in community economics
- Help youth develop relationships with local business owners and professionals
- Help youth understand that they can control where they want to live by being their own employer