CropWatch is a central resource for University of Nebraska–Lincoln Extension information on crop production and pest management. It is produced by UNL Educational Media in the Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
Information is organized into two key areas, each of which offers hundreds of crop-specific articles for Nebraska producers and crop consultants:
- The CropWatch newsletter, which includes timely articles published to the site's home page. New issues are published weekly during the heart of the crop production season and biweekly or monthly during the remainder of the year. CropWatch also includes links to:
- Calendar of ag events and programs
- Ag and rural news stories
- Featured tools and resources from UNL Extension
- Crop-specific production and pest management information, with additional sites for whole farm and production systems. Featured crops are listed in the left navigation bar and include: bioenergy crops, corn, forages, sorghum, soybeans, sugar beets, wheat, and other crops. Individual crop sites include information on:
- Variety Selection/Biotechnology
- Soil Management and Fertility
- Weed Management
- Insect Management
- Disease Management
- Irrigation/Water Use
- Value Added/Organic Production
- Marketing & Economics
- Nebraska Research
- Related Topics
The research-based articles published to this site are written by Extension specialists and educators from across the state for Nebraska producers, crop consultants, and agribusiness. To contact authors, access the CropWatch Contact resource or the UNL Peoplefinder at peoplefinder.unl.edu. To identify extension specialists in your area, visit the UNL Extension Office Directory.
Accessing Media Files
Media links displayed with the story titles indicate when stories contain links to additional information.
- = video files
- = audio stories
- = IANR news releases or articles
If you have questions or comments regarding the CropWatch newsletter, contact the editor, Lisa Brown Jasa, at:
108 Agricultural Communications Bldg.
Lincoln NE 68583-0918
Reference to commercial products or trade names is made with the understanding that no discriminiation is intended and no endorsement by University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension is implied.
If you would like to subscribe to email notices when CropWatch is updated, please use the subscription button on the home page. If you would like to discontinue your subscription to CropWatch, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.