|Look for May, 2013 "Did You Know" tips at links below|
- Agricultural Irrigation
- Crop Production
- Drinking Water
- Lakes / Ponds / Streams
- Lawn and Landscape Irrigation
- Lawns, Landscapes and Gardens
- Livestock Manure Management
- Policy / Law / Economics / Human Behavior
- Stormwater Management
- Wastewater - Domestic Sewage
- Water Basics (groundwater, surface water, hydrology)
- Well and Wellhead Management
Crop Management: Yield Goal Development
Setting a Realistic Corn Yield Goal Nebguide
Discusses how to set a realistic corn yield goal by acknowledging climatic yield limitations of corn in Nebraska and the yield history in a field.
PDF version* (745 KB; 4 pages)
Extension Circular 196, 10 Easy Ways to Boost Profit $20/Acre*
A compilation of 22 fact sheets, each of which describes how a change in farming practice can increase profits by a minimum of $2 per practice. Topics range from management strategies for inputs and pests to tillage and irrigation.
Go to Chapter 11, Setting Realistic Yield Goals
*pdf format. Download the free Acrobat Reader.