Ph.D. Food & Agricultural Engineering, University of Massachusetts - Amherst
M.S. Food & Agricultural Engineering, University of Massachusetts - Amherst
B.S. Agricultural Engineering, Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
- Instrumentation and controls Thermodynamics of living systems
- Machine vision
- Electrical optical sensors
- Thermal and spectral analysis for plant detection, identification, enumeration, physiological properties and stress applied to both field and greenhouse site specific crop management
- Mathematical modeling and simulation of plant growth and development
- ASEE Best Paper Award, Biological and Agricultural Engineering Division, 2007, 2008
- ASAE Certificate of Appreciation, Outstanding Service Associate Editor, SE Division (1994 - 2003)
- University of Nebraska Alumni Teaching Awards: 1990, 1992.
- University of Nebraska, Engineering College Teacher of the Year, 1999.
- ASAE Superior Paper Award, 2001.
- University of Nebraska Teaching Department of the Year - 2002