Application Process for the Youth Curriculum Committee
To provide direction and support from the distinct perspective of 4-H youth for product development, marketing and evaluation aspects of the Nebraska 4-H Curriculum program.
Approximately 12-15 youth members, ages 14-22, from any of the four Extension districts across the state, representative of the different curriculum delivery methods (club, special interest group, after-school program, school enrichment), and representative of the eight Nebraska 4-H areas.
- Animal Science (Beef, Horse, Vet Science, etc.)
- Communications & Expressive Arts (Photography, Theater, etc.)
- Consumer & Family Science (Child Development, Clothing, etc.)
- Environmental Education & Earth Sciences (Shooting Sports, Forestry, Range, etc.)
- Healthy Lifestyles Education (Foods, Safety, Sports, etc.)
- Leadership & Citizenship (Junior Leader, Citizenship, etc.)
- Plant Science (Crops, Horticulture)
- Science & Technology (Aerospace, Computers, Woodworking, etc.)
- Help assess the curriculum needs of the Nebraska 4-H youth population.
- Support the selection, development, evaluation, and marketing of Nebraska 4-H Curriculum.
Meetings will typically be held 4-5 times per year in a location or locations identified as convenient for most members. Video/phone conference, e-mail, and additional forms of technology will also be used to conduct meetings.
How to Apply
The 2012 application process is closed. The new committee members will be announced October 1, 2012.
- Members are selected through a competitive application process at the beginning of the calender year. (See application form.) Potential members need to be endorsed by an Extension professional, which is reflectd in the signature requirement on the application form.
- Members will serve a twelve-month term.
- 4-H youth who are interested in being a member of the Nebraska 4-H Youth Curriculum Committee must completethe four-part packet. The application includes the following:
- Application Form
- Creative Application Questionaire
- Nomination Signature Form signed by youth, parent/guardian, and a UNL County Extension Staff member.
- One to two pages of supporting documents, for example - photographs, certificates, or newspaper clippings that show things applicant has done or accomplished in their 4-H career