Eastern Nebraska 4-H Center
State 4-H Camp
South Central 4-H Center
Picture Yourself at CampHow Can I Work at 4-H Camp?
4-H Summer Camp utilizes young adults as role models and guides for youth who attend camp. Each year, all 3 sites hire staff and recurit volunteers to aid in summer camp programming, supervision and volunteers. Starting at age 15 and older, camp offers outstanding opportunities for young adults to learn leadership skills, work with youth in outdoor settings, gain valuable experience for future careers, and make lasting memories. We search for young adults who:
- have a desire and ability to work with youth in the outdoors for extended periods of time.
- have a willingness to discover, learn and grow throughout their experiences with Nebraska 4-H Summer Camps and Centers.
- are willing to embody activities and habits that are associated with positve role models for campers.
- take experiences as learning opportunities and teachable moments.
- have a willingness to listen, learn, and be considerate of others.
- will be part of a camp community built upon trust, caring attitudes, and enthusiasm.
- are able to be supervised by peers of close age.
- are patient and kind.
- will continually respect the institutions, patrons, people, and mission of camp.
- will contribute to the positive culture of camp.
- want to have an ABSOLUTE BLAST each summer.
- do not just work at camp....we want you to LOVE to work at camp!!
Select the type of opporunity you wish to learn more about:
Counselors (ages 15 and above) - Cabin supervisors who volunteer and select which weeks they can work throughout the summer
Summer Program Staff (age 18 and above)- Seasonal, paid, full time staff that live at camp and are responsible for daily programming and program areas all