State, Regional, and National Programs
State Program Contact
School of Natural Resources
Lincoln NE 68583-0815
- The Tree Identification Contest tests participants’ knowledge about trees and tree identification.
- The contest is open to 4-H youth ages 10-18 (by January 1 of the current year).
- A participant may enter as an individual and/or member of a team. A team consists of three or four individuals. The sum of the three high individual scores constitutes the team score.
- The date for the 2011 contest is to be determined. The 2010 contest was held the first weekend of the Nebraska State Fair.
- The cost for the 2011 contest is to be determined. The cost of the 2010 contest was $5 per individual.
- UNL Extension offices will register participants as a part of their Nebraska State Fair entries.