4-H Presentation Contest
The 4-H Presentation Contest helps you develop skills for communicating. Through the contest, youth have an opportunity to teach others about the skills they have learned in 4-H by developing and delivering a “show and tell” presentation.
County Presentation Contests
All Nebraska 4-H youth can participate in the 4-H Presentation Contest at the county level. County 4-H Presentations are typically held several weeks prior to county fair, however, this date may vary from county to county. Participation may be as an individual or as a team of two.
State Presentation Contest
4-H Participants who are age appropriate and receive a blue or purple ribbon at their County Presentation Contest may enter State completion, which is held both weekends of the Nebraska State Fair.
- County 4-H Presentation Contest (contact your local UNL Extension Office)
- State 4-H Presentation Contest
- State 4-H Presentation Contest Rules
- State 4-H Presentation Contest Class Chart
- Incorporating Nebraska 4-H Educational Priorities into 4-H Presentations
- County Presentation Contest (contact your local UNL Extension Office)
- State Contest Registration must be submitted by local UNL Extension Office. Entry fee is $5.00 per participant. Registration is due with all county State Fair pre-entries.
Manuals and Resources
- The Versatile 4-H Presentation
- The Four P’s of Planning a Presentation
- Getting Ready to Give a 4-H Presentation
- Presentation Visuals
- Using PowerPoint in 4-H Presentation
- Evaluating a 4-H Presentation
- How to Prepare a Multimedia Presentation