Interview Judging Contest
Through the 4-H Interview Judging Contest, youth have an opportunity to practice the real-life skill of applying for a job. Youth will use their 4-H and life experiences to write a résumé and cover letter for one of three job descriptions and participate in a live interview.
The 4-H Interview Judging Contest helps youth develop career skills including: résumé and cover letter writing, completing a job application, presenting themselves to others, and developing self-confidence.
County Interview Judging Contests
Contact your local UNL Extension Office to determine if a county contest will be held. All members 4-H age 10 and older (10 as of January 1) are eligible to participate at a Regional Interview Judging Contest.
Regional Interview Judging Contests
4-H members may enter the Regional Interview Judging Contest by submitting a registration form, three copies of a cover letter, and three copies of a resume to their local county Extension office. Members that are 4-H age 10 and older (10 as of January 1) may participate. The Regional Interview Judging Contests are typically held in April and May in conjunction with the Regional 4-H Public Speaking Contests. Youth may select the location they participate in.
State Interview Judging Contest
Winners of the Regional Interview Judging Contests have the opportunity to advance to the State Interview Judging Contest, which is held during the Nebraska State Fair.
- County Interview Judging Contest (contact your local UNL Extension Office)
- Regional Interview Judging Contest pdf | doc
- State Interview Judging Contest Entry Forms (regional form forwarded to state by regional contest coordinator)
The entry form and three copies of the résumé and cover must be submitted when registering for the regional or state contest.
- County Public Speaking Contest (contact your local UNL Extension Office)
- Regional Public Speaking Contest Entry Forms pdf | doc
- State Public Speaking Contest Entry Forms (regional form forwarded to state by regional contest coordinator)
Manuals and Resources
- Nebraska 4-H Interview Judging Contest Job Descriptions
- Preparing for the Job Search Guide
- CA 4-H Interview Contest Manual