State Program Contact
Robert (Bob) Meduna
The mission of Ak-sar-ben’s River City Rodeo and Stock Show is to celebrate the region's heritage. It benefits youth and families through its educational endeavors and scholarships.
- To be eligible to exhibit at the Ak-sar-ben 4-H Stock Show, the 4-H member must be at least 10 years of age by January 1, and must meet the requirement for exhibition as set by 4-H office for state and interstate shows in state of 4-H membership. 4-H members having completed their membership eligibility in a state are ineligible to enter the Ak-sar-ben 4-H Stock Show as a member of another state. Horse exhibitors must be 12 years of age by January 1 of the current year.
- States eligible to enter are Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wyoming.
Ak-sar-ben's River City Rodeo and Stock Show is held at the Qwest Center in Omaha, Nebraska, from September 26-29, 2013.
The Premier Exhibitor program provides an opportunity for 4-H exhibitors to demonstrate their project production and management knowledge; strengthen decision making and communication of life skill development; and recognize excellence in the demonstration of project knowledge.
The Ak-Sar-Ben 4-H Stock Show will be hosting the Ak-Sar-Ben Livestock Judging Contests. The Individual Contests will be held for Senior College, Junior College and 4-H.
The purpose of the Ak-Sar-Ben Calf Challenge is to provide a one year, educational, interesting and competitive feature for 4-Hers interested in the beef program at the Ak-Sar-Ben 4-H Stock Show. This event will select exhibitors based on a skillathon competition Sunday morning of the current Ak-Sar-Ben 4-H Stock Show. The top 20 exhibitors will receive a calf later that fall donated by Ak-Sar-Ben. That calf is raised by the exhibitor, who is partnered with a community leader who will serve as a mentor, and shown at the next year's Show.
The purpose of the Ak-Sar-Ben Market Lamb Challenge is to provide a one year, educational, interesting and competitive feature for 4-Hers interested in the lamb program at the Ak-Sar-Ben 4-H Livestock Exposition. Modeled somewhat after the Catch-A-Calf Program, this event will select exhibitors based on an application process which includes agricultural related essay questions. The Lamb Challenge program is sponsored by Iowa Lamb Corporation.
- Youth Ambassador Entry Form
- Goals of the Youth Ambassador Program
- Develop life skills and help prepare young people for leadership roles in the industry.
- Create a heightened awareness for the 4-H Livestock Exposition and the Knights of Ak-Sar-Ben.
- Present opportunities to challenge key issues and effect change.
- Develop a mentoring relationship with a community leader.
- Allow exposure to fund-raising strategies and build promotional skills.
- Provide avenue to examine the role of youth in the industry and an opportunity to meet leaders in the industry.
- Improve both written and oral communication skills.
- Provide opportunity to earn $1,000 scholarship.
- Provide Expo management with feedback from 4-H’ers point of view.
1) Click the Configuration link above to display the "Article
Sharing" dialog box.
2) In the dialog box, change the settings as needed to select the appropriate article.
3) Then click on the "Save" button to store your settings.
4) Click "Return to Full Page" in the top right-hand corner to return to the Web page.
5) You're done!